Well the boss lady loves the violets and the primroses and the aquilegias. I like the violets and the primroses and the aquilegias. Trouble is the violets and primroses and aquilegias adore us! They seed everywhere, they are not fussy, any hidden nook and cranny will do and it is sometimes the same cranny. They love the gravel paths, the boggy borders and the meadow.
They are hard to get rid of for the following reasons:
- Boss lady loves them;
- They look at me endearingly as I am about to weed them out;
- The violets and aquilegias are tough cookies to dig up with aggressive roots;
- The flowers turn to fruit turn to seed in a blink of the eye;
- The seed germinates in another blink of an eye;
- Another blink and you get the photo above.
The moral of this story is, sometimes you can win, sometimes it is unlikely.