Today was gloomy. It was a combination of gloomy mood on my part and gloomy weather. Gloomy times two equals gloomier. So in an attempt to brighten proceedings I will attempt to list the gloomless events of the day:
1. Noticing that Sparmannia africana is at last attempting to bloom;
2. Watching Robbie the robin having a very thorough and splashy bath;
3. Being the proud recipient of an exuberant greeting from Joshie the Handsome;
4. Wearing my new hat with ear warming flaps;
5. Planting Tulip “Early Harvest”, those little bundles of early spring joy;
6. It didn’t rain.
Will that do?